Medical Secretary required for Chermside based Specialist Practice
This full-time role is for a busy Specialist Orthopaedic Practice – would suit someone who enjoys working with a multidisciplinary team. Some flexibility in hours to work a 9 day fortnight is possible (Tuesday would potentially be the day off). This practice offers a great hourly rate plus a convenient northside location with parking provided.
Medical Receptionist duties required in this position:
- Providing exceptional and professional service to patient and all medical / health providers
- Surgical bookings and theatre lists, liaising with hospitals and surgical representatives to book the appropriate equipment
- Managing day to day clinics, booking patients appropriately, arriving patients, ensuring all relevant information is available for the appointment, billing patients and providing medical certificates
- Communication to patients via email and other health and medical providers in a timely and professional manner
- Managing and triaging referrals
- Quoting and providing theatre paperwork
- Answering phones and assisting other staff with clinics when available
Medical Receptionist skills required:
- Ability to multitask and enjoy working in fast pace environment
- Strong organisation and time management skills
- Professional and outstanding communication and customer service skills
- Proven computer skills, understanding of Microsoft products
- Experience with Medical software preferable but not essential as training provided but an advanced understanding of computer systems would be desirable
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Professional presentation
- Ability to work as a team and autonomously
Previous experience in a Specialist Practice would be of benefit in this position!
Roster: Roster: Mon and Thur 8.00-5.00, Tues 7.00-1.00, Wed 8.00-5.00 Fri 7.00-4.00 or 8.30-4.00 fortnightly.
Salary: $ 36.55/hr permanent full-time position 38 hours per week plus parking onsite provided and uniforms (or 70 hours per fortnight if 9 day fortnight).
If you believe you have the required skills and experience for this position, please email your application in the first instance to email@example.com or call Julie Davis directly on 0438 192 167.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org